The terms civilization and culture together bring out the need for approval of individual actions from a group of peers. This when left to develop enough leads to a moral code. Which in essence is the opposite of barbarianism/animalistic tendencies. So here we are with a moral codes which extend from ethics to conscience and consequentialism to guilt. This gives us a egotistical high ground from which to look down upon the rest of the universe.
- Festival season is hunting ground for 20 something singles (not a necessarily criteria) around the world. I was out and about with a mixed group of friends in the wilderness previously known to us all as ‘Durga Pooja’ when I heard the phrase. Whatever happened to all the good looking warm men? Obviously recounted by a female peer of mine. It got me to thinking about desired traits in human matchmaking.
- Intellect is defined as the capacity to learn. yet what we see most in our daily lives is the hedonism to our own ego’s. When talking to another person our first reaction is to prove our intellectual superiority. Daily conversations are driven by random political, economic and scientific talk about which the spokesmen have little or no clue about. Their depth of knowledge on the issue can only be measured by the height of the Marinas Trench.
- A very good gal friend of mine asked me an open ended frank question about an acquaintance of hers. The question was around how the male psyche works. So, when a guy stares blankly into a girls eyes in the middle of some important conversation (and hence misses the point). What is the guy staring at? Especially when from the perspective of the lady in question the mutual relationship is at a completely platonic level.
- I have made previous blog entries about happiness on this blog but had not posted it here but it was on my older blog here. Anyway I saw 2 groups of people at a local mall the other day and the point in discussion was if you were to choose a person from 2 groups pseudo rich and pretentious rich and pretentious who would you rather pick to pursue as a romantic interest.
- I’m sure most of us remember the time when we were kids and imagined ourselves to be superhero’s with super powers to do stuff nobody else could. Was it just me or did everybody just wished they could make a difference in the world around. I remember I imagined myself as several bollywood hero’s from their leading roles in movies. Well just sit back and hear me out here. Later in life as we grew older our singular achievements in life gave us solice in knowing that we had done what few others had acheived.
- A good long break (all of 2 days) from the PC did me a lot of good. I had been almost glued to monitors for the last coupla months. too much work load or whatever. Anyway, it’s amazing how out of sight need not always mean out of mind. Everything pushed out of immediate attention still governs our actions in our sub-conscience. to begin with people have a tendency to have a sub-conscience in the first place.
- Human nature by default is to curb the degree of freedom enjoyed by any intellectual entity. This is reflected on most actions taken thereof by most institutions set up by mankind. Marriage, Censorship, various treaties, etc. are basically all control mechanisms of varied kinds serving the same common purpose. The apparent reason for such control are doomsday prophesies illustrated with easy in varoius fictional representations of our times and of times past.